Anti-Aging with Essential Oils is a wonderful choice for those looking for something that really and truly hydrates and nourishes the skin, something frugal, and something that smells good. Concoctions found in the store are very expensive and, as far as my research has gone, do just as much harm to your body internally as the benefit to your skin externally.
The wonderful reality of anti-aging with essential oils is that they have so many health benefits beyond your skin. With this being said, as well as the use of oils to help with the anti aging process, many people out there use a blend of supplements to help their skin and overall body function a lot better, as we know we will all slow down with age. Although getting older is inevitable, if you look after your body earlier on, it will make all the difference in the long run.
Many essential oils help your digestion, fight tumors, regulate hormones, and on and on. This is a big reason why:
- you must make sure that you are not sensitive to an essential oil before you use it.
- you must be careful to dilute essential oils properly
- you need to use caution with children and if you are pregnant. Do your own research.
Though there are a number of essential oils used in the super anti aging facial serum, these recipes have been put together with simplicity in mind. I cannot make one for my face, another for my neck, another for hands. That’s just beyond obsession to me. Age happens.
Unless Jesus comes back first, I’m going to be very wrinkly one day. BUT, I can keep myself hydrated and age gracefully by applying diluted essential oils. Like I said, they don’t just benefit the skin, but also the entire body. I’ve been using the first recipe for months now and have noticed a huge improvement!! I’m trying to get my husband to use it too, LOL!
Super Anti-Aging Facial Serum:
Use the carrier oil (the 1/2 cup or apricot kernel oil) and then add essential oils as you get them. You don’t have to have all of these to have a great serum.
- ½ cup -Apricot Kernel Oil(Great moisturizer and skin healer)
- 10 drops - Carrot Seed Oil Essential Oil (anti-aging king)
- 10 drops - Rose Hip Seed Oil(Vit. A and E. Big boost to skin)
- 5 drops - Geranium Essential Oil (in place of rose oil)
- 5 drops - Lemon Essential Oil(lightens skin preventing aging and sun spots)
- 10 drops - Sandalwood Essential Oil (soothes and smooths skin)
- 5 drops - Frankincense Essential Oil (reduces fine lines and wrinkles)
- 5 drops - Myrrh Essential Oil (maintains firmness, prevent wrinkles)
- 5 drops - Rosemary Essential Oil(great for your pores, also naturally slows oxidation of oils)
- Combine Apricot Kernel oil, Rose Hip Seed oil, and essential oils.
- Use dropper to place 1 tsp. in your hand after you have cleansed your face at night.
- Rub into face and neck.
If you don’t want to collect all of these oils, I have started selling this Facial serum in my Etsy Shop:
Lovely Anti-Aging Facial Serum:
This is for those who do not want to or cannot buy all the ingredients above, but still want a nightly serum for the face.
- Combine and keep in amber bottle.
- Rub a small amount into cleansed face and neck.
If you do nothing else, Apricot Kernel oil is a great nightly oil for your face.
Here are a few extra tidbits on a few of the above ingredients:
Apricot Kernel oil is “high in Vitamin A and is very rich in Oleic and Linoleic Acid” (source from Bulk Apothecary – great shop!). Also, “because of its high vitamin content, as well as high moisturizing properties, apricot kernel oil is known to help skin retain elasticity and clarity” (source).
“Carrot Seed Essential Oil is fantastic for skin care (revitalizing and toning) and considered one of the best oils for Mature Skin. Carrot Seed Oil also assists in removing toxins and water build up in the skin giving it a fresher more firm appearance. It has a detoxifying effect on the liver and cleans the digestive system and the body as a whole.” (source)