‘Tis the season for veggies and Dip!
I love making my own onion soup mix and dip recipes because it has wonderful ingredients; no msg, msg, or msg (it’s amazing how many times they add it under different names), preservatives, artificial coloring, or any other junk.
It’s great to know how to make your own onion soap mix and dip recipes, not only so you know exactly what is in the food you are eating and giving to your family, but you can make a bunch and keep it in a mason jar in your cupboard and have it on hand whenever you need it.
The turmeric added to the mix given s your food a beautiful color, but more importantly, turmeric is extremely good for you. Turmeric is anti-inflammatory, and some studies have shown that it can reduce the impact of carcinogens from grilling or smoking meats by up to 40% and may reduce the chances of developing Alzheimer’s disease. (1)
Overall, turmeric is adds a great punch to a homemade onion soup mix and dip recipes!
I also use it in a lot more things than just dip, too.
Onion soup mix is great in:
- creamy soups
- seasoning meat
- seasoning potatoes
- seasoning rice
- crockpot cooking with things like pot roast and veggies or chicken and veggies
- beef stroganoff
- and more…let us know what you use it for!
- 1-1/2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1-1/2 cups dried, minced onion
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 Tbsp turmeric
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Add all ingredients into a mason jar with lid.
- Close jar tightly and shake until ingredients are mixed well.
- Shake before each use.
You can use this in soups, meat and rice dishes, and of course veggie and chip dip! Here’s a quick and easy recipe for onion dip recipe using the above onion soup mix.
Creamy Onion Dip Recipe
- ¼ cup Homemade Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cups sour cream (16 oz)
- Mix and enjoy with veggies, potato chips, on baked potatoes, etc.
Linked to some of these great blogs.