There is an alternative to treating acne with harsh chemicals that may do more long term damage than good: Acne Spot Treatment using Essential Oils. Most of us understand just how much a healthy lifestyle impacts our skin. If you do not eat healthy food, get good sleep, and maintain good hygiene, then you’re going to struggle keeping your skin healthy. Eating real food, drinking enough water, getting enough sleep, and keeping your stress low will help a great deal.
Even those of us who are no longer in our teenage years will have hormone fluctuations, stress, or other factors that cause minor breakouts. Whichever stage you are in, an acne face wash and spot treatment can really help.
Acne Spot Treatment using Essential Oils
There were specific things I was looking for in putting this recipe together. I wanted to find oils that did the following:
- kill bacteria
- reduce scarring
- calm irritation and soothe redness
- speed healing
- balance skin oil production
While there have been numerous studies to show that these oils are very powerful and effective, because the FDA has not done its own study, I and others using these oils are not making any claims. Instead, I encourage you to do your own research and learn about the benefits of the following oils (and what you should and should not use if you are pregnant or have young children).
According to Mountain Rose Herbs these oils are:
- Jojoba as carrier oil makes sure these powerful oils are diluted properly, while dissolving the excess oil on your skin (without drying out your skin). Jojoba really is a fabulous oil for your skin.
- Tea Tree – Analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiseptic, immune stimulant
- Roman chamomile – Analgesic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antineuralgic, antiphlogistic, antiseptic
- Lemongrass – Analgesic, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, antiparasitic, antiseptic, antiviral, astringent, bactericidal
- Rosemary – Analgesic, antifungal, antibacterial, antioxidant, antiseptic, astringent,
- Frankincense – Analgesic, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, astringent
- Parsley – Antimicrobial, antiseptic, astringent, depurative
Acne Spot Treatment Using Essential Oils
- Combine all ingredients in a 15ml (.5 oz) dark glass bottle.
- Apply a small amount on acne spots after cleansing. Use once daily, as needed.
Of course, if you don’t have all of these oils you can definitely buy this blend in my shop: Acne Spot Treatment
Linked to some of these great blogs.