Homemade Anti Aging Herbal Facial Toner
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Thank you for your support!
I absolutely LOVE this Homemade Anti Aging Herbal Facial Toner! I get very dry skin during the winter and after I wash my face my skin feels tight. I used to say I have crocodile skin and would rush to get lotion.
Now, I no longer have to worry. I use a Natural Herbal Face Cleanser that does not dry out my skin, followed by this face toning recipe. I’ve said it before, if you’re going to make something to use on your face, it might as well be packed with nutrients to heal and uplift (body and mind).
Why a Homemade Anti Aging Herbal Facial Toner?
A lot of times we will wash our face with warm to hot water, whether we are in the shower or are using a wash cloth before bed. This heat will open pores – which is good when you are cleansing, because you want to get out all the dirt, grime, and dead skin cells. But what about when you’re done? The first thing should be a splash of cold water. I’m sorry, but cold water and i don’t mix in the winter. Even so, following up with a natural astringent/toner will close your pores and lessen any damage that was done through the cleansing process.
So, what do you need? It’s not an extensive list. Just a few ingredients is all you need.
- Rose Water – You can make your own rose water, or find some online (I don’t have a local place that I’ve found that sells it).
- Herb Infused Water – You can use this instead of the rose water if you need to: both/either/or. Make a tea with comfrey leaf or root to add an extra anti-inflammatory and nurturing property to your toner.
- Witch Hazel – witch hazel is an astringent. It is fabulous for closing pores and soothing skin.
I have used this Non-Alcohol version with Aloe. Here’s an organic version that is 86% organic witch hazel, 14% organic alcohol. You can also buy your own Witch Hazel Leaf. You can pour boiling water of over the leaves in a jar and seal. Give it a shake daily for a week or so and it’s ready to use.
- Rosemary essential oil – this is added for its great skin nurturing qualities, but it also helps to preserve the entire mixture.
- Grapefruit essential oil – uplifting, antibacterial, and really rounds out this recipe.
- Carrot essential oil – carrot is just amazing for the skin. It is a great anti-aging oil which is why I add it here and there and everywhere. If you don’t have carrot, you can add geranium as well (like I do in my version I sell in my store).
- Boil water and pour 2 Tbsp over 1 tsp of comfrey and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain comfrey to make 1-1/2 Tbsp.
- Combine all ingredients and seal in an air tight container.
- Shake before each use.
- After washing your face and patting dry, pour some of the toner on a cotton ball or use a glass dropper to place some on your hand before rubbing all over your face and neck. This insures that it stays sterile.
Don’t have all the ingredients yet? Check it out first in My Store.
After cleansing and using a facial toner, I follow up with my Anti Aging Serum and/or Anti Aging Eye Cream.
Yes, that’s using the term “Anti-Aging” a lot. I should look sixteen right? Reality is, there are natural herbs and essential oils that are fabulous for your skin and will continue to heal and nurture as you age. Why not take advantage of them? They are not miracle workers. You’ll still age 😉 BUT, you’ll age beautifully and in your time, with glowing skin and a healthy complexion.
Thanks for being part of the journey.
Linked to some of these great blogs.