Anti-Aging with Essential Oils
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Thank you for your support!
Anti-Aging with Essential Oils is a wonderful choice for those looking for something that really and truly hydrates and nourishes the skin, something frugal, and something that smells good. Concoctions found in the store are very expensive and, as far as my research has gone, do just as much harm to your body internally as the benefit to your skin externally.
The wonderful reality of anti-aging with essential oils is that they have so many health benefits beyond your skin. Many help your digestion, fight tumors, regulate hormones, and on and on. This is a big reason why you must make sure that you are not sensitive to an essential oil before you use it (I cannot go near Clary Sage or Cloves, while other women have no problem). Other essential oils can affect pregnancy (make you start contractions too soon, etc.) so look into each one if they are new to you.
These recipes have been put together with simplicity in mind. I cannot make one for my face, another for my neck, another for hands. That’s just beyond obsession to me. Age happens. Unless Jesus comes back first, I’m going to be very wrinkly one day. BUT, I can keep myself hydrated and age gracefully by applying diluted essential oils. Like I said, they don’t just benefit the skin, but also the entire body. I’ve been using the first recipe for months now and have noticed a huge improvement!! I’m trying to get my husband to use it too, LOL!
Super Anti-Aging Facial Serum:
Use the carrier oil (the 1/2 cup) and then add essential oils as you get them. You don’t have to have all of these to have a great serum. Find all these great quality oils at Mountain Rose Herbs.
- 1/2 cup – Apricot Kernel Oil (Great moisturizer and skin healer)
- 10 drops – Carrot Seed Oil Essential Oil (anti-aging king)
- 10 drops – Rose Hip Seed Oil (Vit. A and E. Big boost to skin)
- 5 drops – Geranium Essential Oil (in place of rose oil)
- 5 drops – Lemon Oil Essential Oil (lightens skin preventing aging and sun spots)
- 10 drops – Sandalwood Essential Oil (sooth and smooths skin)
- 5 drops – Frankincense Essential Oil (reduces fine lines and wrinkles)
- 5 drops – Myrrh Essential Oil (maintains firmness, prevent wrinkles)
- 5 drops – Rosemary Essential Oil (great for your pores, also naturally preserves the other oils)
- Add drops (not shakes).
- Add slightly less than 1/2 cup apricot oil to fit whole mixture into a 4 oz amber jar.
- Use dropper to place 1 tsp. in your hand after you have cleansed your face at night.
- Rub into face and neck.
If you don’t want to collect all of these oils, I have started selling this Facial serum in my Etsy Shop:
Lovely Anti-Aging Facial Serum:
This is for those who do not want to or cannot buy all the ingredients above, but still want a nightly serum for the face.
- Combine and keep in amber bottle.
- Rub a small amount into cleansed face and neck.
If you do nothing else, Apricot Kernel oil is a great nightly oil for your face.
Here are a few extra tidbits on a few of the above ingredients:
Apricot Kernel oil is “high in Vitamin A and is very rich in Oleic and Linoleic Acid” (source from Bulk Apothecary – great shop!). Also, “because of its high vitamin content, as well as high moisturizing properties, apricot kernel oil is known to help skin retain elasticity and clarity” (source).
“Carrot Seed Essential Oil is fantastic for skin care (revitalizing and toning) and considered one of the best oils for Mature Skin. Carrot Seed Oil also assists in removing toxins and water build up in the skin giving it a fresher more firm appearance. It has a detoxifying effect on the liver and cleans the digestive system and the body as a whole.” (source)
Rose Hip Seed Oil is gathered from various types of roses and also has Vitamins A and E. It is “effective at promoting tissue regeneration and can help prevent and minimize wrinkles” (source)