Homemade dressings are awesome, because their flavors are so fresh and rich. It really does make a huge difference in flavor. Italian and Ranch Dressing Recipes are easy to make as mixes to keep until you are ready to use them. I mix all the dry ingredients in zip close bags and keep them until I ‘m ready to make the dressing or dip. Then, all I need to do is add the vinegar and oil, or mayonnaise and yogurt.
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp dried celery flakes
- ½ cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/4 cups olive oil
- Mix all ingredients in a jar, close, shake.
- Keep refrigerated.
Italian Dressing Mix
- 1-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbs dried parsley
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried celery flakes
- Instead of mixing in the oil and vinegar, keep the dry ingredients in a jar or zip close bag until you are ready to make the dressing.
- When Ready, add ingredients to a jar, close and shake.
- Mix 2 Tbsp dry mix with 1/4 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar and 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Close lid, shake, and serve
- 1-1/2 Tbs dried minced onions
- 1 Tbs dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk (or yogurt)
Add dry ingredients into a jar, close, and shake to mix. Add mayonnaise and buttermilk (or yogurt) to jar. Close and shake to mix. Store in the refrigerator. Makes about 2-1/2 cups.
Ranch Dressing Mix
- 5 Tbs dried minced onions
- 2-1/2 Tbs dried parsley flakes
- 4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Mix all ingredients in a jar or zip close bag. Close and shake. Store until ready to use. Follow Directions below for dressing or dip.
Dressing: Mix 2 Tbs dry mix with 1 cup mayo and 1 cup buttermilk (or yogurt).
Dip: Mix 2 Tbs dry mix with 2 cups sour cream.