Homemade salad dressing is awesome, because the flavors are so fresh and rich.
It really does make a huge difference in flavor. Italian and Ranch Dressing Recipes are easy to make as mixes to keep until you are ready to use them.
Making Make-Ahead Mixes
Making dry mixes ahead of time means that you have everything ready to go when you need it.
I mix all the dry ingredients in small jars and keep them until I ‘m ready to make the dressing or dip. Then, all I need to do is add the vinegar and oil, or mayonnaise and yogurt.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1/2 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/4 cups olive oil
- Mix all ingredients in a jar, close, shake.
- Keep refrigerated.
Make the above recipe for a salad dressing that’s ready to use. Make the recipe below for a dry mix for fresh dressing when you need it.
Italian Dressing Mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- Instead of mixing in the oil and vinegar, keep the dry ingredients in a jar or zip close bag until you are ready to make the dressing.
- When Ready, add ingredients to a jar, close and shake.
- Mix 2 tablespoons dry mix with 1/4 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar and 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Close the lid, shake, and serve.
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk (or yogurt)
Add dry ingredients into a jar, close, and shake to mix. Add mayonnaise and buttermilk (or yogurt) to jar. Close and shake to mix. Store in the refrigerator. Makes about 2-1/2 cups.
Ranch Dressing Mix
- 5 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 2-1/2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Mix all ingredients in a jar or zip close bag. Close and shake. Store until ready to use. Follow Directions below for dressing or dip.
Dressing: Mix 2 tablespoons dry mix with 1 cup mayo and 1 cup buttermilk (or yogurt).
Dip: Mix 2 tablespoons dry mix with 2 cups sour cream.