This homemade natural wood polish with essential oils is such a great and effective option for cleaning the home with natural ingredients. Those essential oils give you the aromatherapy scent you want in your home and often kill germs in the air as you polish! Bonus!
There are interviews about:
- How to choose good quality essential oils
- Essential Oils for animals
- Essential oils and cancer research
- Using essential oils to relieve stress
- Essential Oils to enhance beauty
- Essential Oil use with children
- Oils that aid the thyroid and gut health
Ok, on to the Furniture polish.
All you’ll need is 3 Ingredients. That’s it!
And it creates a shine just as good as the nasty stuff that gives me asthma. You can add whatever essential oils that you like.
If you want a Citrus Scent: then add some Orange, Bergamot, Grapefruit, or Lemon essential oil, or a combination of the four.
The Other Two Ingredients:
I said it was simple. Jojoba Oil has a very long shelf life, is a light oil, and has little to no scent. This makes it my first choice of oil. But you can use Grape seed, apricot kernel, sweet almond, or even olive oil. I like to use Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, but you can use plain white distilled vinegar as well. Both work great.
Homemade Natural Wood Polish
You can adjust the ratios depending on where you live. If you live in a more humid climate, you may want to reduce the oil even more. An extremely dry climate may require you to increase the oil ratio until you have your favorite shine.
Homemade Natural Wood Furniture and Floor Polish
- Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle or seal-able container.2/3 cup vinegar, 1/3 cup jojoba oil, 10 drops essential oils of choice
- Shake well before each use. The vinegar will separate from the oil. But when you shake it well you’ll get a combination of the two when you use it (just like salad dressing).
- Spray lightly on a cloth, or directly on the wood, and shine.
Let me know if you’ve tried using anything similar and what your results were.
Here are some other cleaning recipes to try:
- 9 Natural Cleaning Recipes for Spring Cleaning
- 4 Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipes – All Natural
- 3 Natural Oven Cleaning Recipes
- Natural All Purpose Cleaner Recipe