One Skillet Pasta Pizza
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Thank you for your support!
I think my kids could eat pizza every single day. They have, sadly, eaten pizza for lunch at our home school co-op, had pizza for supper (because they ate all of it and I didn’t get any for lunch), and then had leftover pizza the next day. The good thing is that I make a lot of my own ingredients (except for the co-op one of course). I make the dough, sauce, and at times cheese. The problem…it takes time to make it all homemade! I have an amazing sauce recipe that we LOVE! I make a huge batch and can it for later. When I make dough, I will double it and put half int he freezer (though it’s not like fresh dough). So, it’s not a massive ordeal, but I’m a 5 ingredient, one skillet kind of gal. Thus, one skillet pasta pizza is a perfect!!
This can be made with all of your favorite ingredients. If you love pepperoni, spicy sausage, lots of veggies like broccoli, spinach, green peppers, or you want to add chicken, just make sure the meat is fully cooked and go for it. I love that I can use whatever is in my fridge at the time and it’s super easy to make it gluten free using gluten free pasta.
- 1 lb Ground Beef or sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups homemade pizza sauce
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 8-16oz pasta of choice (elbow, shells, etc.), cooked
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- brown the beef and onions in a cast iron skillet or other skillet that can be put in the oven
- Add green pepper and garlic when the meat is fully cooked.
- Add pizza sauce (find recipe link above), Parmesan cheese, and pasta.
- Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.
Linked to some of these great blogs.