I think my kids could eat pizza every single day. They have all in one day eaten pizza for lunch at our home school co-op, had pizza for supper (because I didn’t eat any for much so I wanted to make some for dinner) and then had leftover pizza the next day. This one skillet pasta pizza is another way to get the great pizza flavor with all of your personal favorite additions.
I make a lot of my own ingredients when I make pizza. I make the dough, sauce, and at times even the cheese. The problem…it takes time to make it all homemade and often can be more expensive than if I buy a pizza. That’s where this recipe comes in.
I have an amazing pizza sauce recipe that we LOVE! I make a huge batch and freeze extra so meals are easier to make later.
When I make dough, I will double it and put half in the freezer (though it’s not like fresh dough). So, it’s not a massive ordeal, but I’m a 5 ingredient, one skillet kind of gal. Thus, one skillet pasta pizza is a perfect option for those days when you don’t have much time.
One Skillet Pasta Pizza Recipe
This can be made with all of your favorite ingredients.
If you love pepperoni, spicy sausage, lots of veggies like broccoli, spinach, green peppers, or want to add chicken, just make sure the meat is fully cooked before adding and go for it.
I love that I can use whatever is in my fridge at the time.
You can also make this gluten free by using gluten free pasta. No other changes are needed.
- 1 pound ground beef or sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 2 cups homemade pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 ounces pasta of choice, cooked
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large cast iron skillet or other skillet that can be put into the oven, over medium high heat.
- Add green pepper when the meat is fully cooked. Stir and cook until peppers are al dente.
- Stir in pizza sauce, Parmesan cheese, and cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.
One Skillet Pasta Pizza
- 1 lb Ground Beef or sausage
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 large green pepper diced
- 2 cups homemade pizza sauce
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 12 oz cooked pasta of choice elbow, shells, etc., cooked
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large cast iron skillet or other skillet that can be put into the oven, over medium high heat.1 lb Ground Beef or sausage, 1 large onion, 1 clove garlic
- Add green pepper when the meat is fully cooked. Stir and cook until peppers are al dente.1 large green pepper
- Stir in pizza sauce, Parmesan cheese, and cooked pasta.2 cups homemade pizza sauce, 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, 12 oz cooked pasta of choice
- Sprinkle Mozzarella on top.1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 375 degrees Farhenheit for 10 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.