This 4 cheese spinach dip recipe is a fun way to eat a healthier dip. At least, you will get some protein from the many cheeses and great iron from the spinach. It looks green, but my kids love it! It is a fast, frugal, filling, and healthy snack.
It’s ultra cheesy and variations can be added for different flavors. This particular recipe does not call for artichoke hearts, but feel free to add 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts if you so desire. They make a great addition.
- 1/2 onion chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch red pepper
- 1 lb frozen spinach or 2 lb fresh
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- **Add 1 cup artichokes (optional)**
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chopped onion, garlic, salt, and red pepper.
- Cook onion and garlic until the onions begin to look clear. I don’t add a lot of salt to this, because we often eat it with salty corn chips. But if you’re going to be eating it with veggies, you may want to add a bit more salt.
- Turn heat to low and add Spinach and cheeses. Mix together. Cheeses will melt as they heat. You can place a lid on the skillet to speed the process along, but watch that it doesn’t burn. When cheeses are completely melted and mixed it is ready to serve.
~~Serve with your favorite Organic Corn Chips, veggies, or toasted Pita Bread as pictured.~~