These are seriously the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars that I’ve ever tried. They are soft, buttery, and chocolaty all at the same time…seriously dangerous!
I’ll admit it. I love a fresh chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven. I would take that over pretty much any dessert you could name. So when I started playing around with this recipe and making it my own I knew I was getting myself into dangerous territory when it comes to keeping my sugar intake low 😉
They just won’t last!
Need a great excuse to make them? Make some for a family gathering, church gathering, or even as a Christmas Gift. Tell me you wouldn’t love to get a container of these as a Christmas present!! Put them in a pretty box with a bow and a recipe card and wa la – instant amazing present!
I made these for a birthday party and it was a huge hit. I think kids like cookies better than cake anyway. Most of the time you can go to tons of trouble making amazing looking cupcakes and cakes and they will just lick the icing and throw most of it away…at least that’s my experience at birthday parties. Instead, make a giant cookie and be done with it. Everyone’s happy. Enjoy!
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter melted
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups non bleached white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine melted butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs.1 cup butter, 1/2 cup honey, 1 cup brown sugar, 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 2 large eggs
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.2-1/2 cups non bleached white flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Scrape into a 9in x 13in glass dish.
- Bake at 375 Farhenheit for 25 minutes or until lightly brown. Do not over cook or it will dry out too quickly (you want that center to remain moist).
Thanks for stopping by. Use the menu tabs above to check out other food recipes as well as other simple living and simple health bath and body recipes.