Today, we have a wonderful guest from Little Family Adventures. Nicky always has great family activity ideas and amazing recipes to share, so make sure you give this Clean Eating Pumpkin Ice Cream recipe a try and then head over and check out her blog. Welcome Nicky!
Hi There! Today I’m sharing with you a family favoriterecipe, Clean Eating Pumpkin Ice Cream. This recipe, like so many of ours, is healthy and is made with real food ingredients. A few years ago, our family cleaned up our diet and we’re on a journey to eat healthier. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
Our family’s favorite time of year is fall. All of the delicious fall fruits and vegetables are in season; pumpkins, winter squashes, apples, etc. Plus, the weather has finally cooled down making it easier to get outdoors and have fun as a family. After playing outside with our kids, ice cream always hits the spot. This pumpkin ice cream is perfect for fall afternoons. It’s a delicious treat you and your family will love!
This pumpkin ice cream is perfect for those who are eating cleaner and avoiding processed ingredients. With just 4 real food ingredients, it is simple to make and is really delicious. It can be served immediately as a soft serve or frozen overnight then served as a scoop. If you freeze the ice cream overnight, it will freeze hard. Just before serving, remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow it to sit on the counter for a few minutes to soften.
Making ice cream with frozen bananas is an easy way to control the sugar by adding sweetness through fruit. We freeze bananas whenever they get too ripe. All those natural sugars are great used in banana bread or in this pumpkin ice cream.
Control the sweetness of this ice cream with added maple syrup or honey. You may not need the entire ¼ cup because the bananas are sweet enough on their own. I recommend combining the bananas, pumpkin, and spice first. Taste the mixture and then add the maple syrup or honey until you get the right level of sweetness.
Clean Eating Pumpkin Ice Cream (vegan)
PUMPKIN ICE CREAM
- 3 bananas , sliced and frozen overnight
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 – ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
PUMPKIN ICE CREAM
- Combine bananas, pumpkin puree, and spice in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add maple syrup until you get the desired sweetness. Pulse to combine. Serve immediately as soft serve or place in a container and freeze overnight.3 bananas, 1 cup pumpkin puree, 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice, 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- Combine all ingredients and store in an air tight container. Makes about 1/3 cup3 tablespoon ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon ground ginger, 1 – 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, 1 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
You are going to enjoy this vegan ice cream recipe. For more real food recipes, meal plans, and family fun activities, please visit me at Little Family Adventure. Thank you for allowing me to share with you.