We’re still keeping it real over here at the Simple Life Mom household. Part of that means creating healthy meals with real food ingredients that are quick and easy so that we don’t feel bogged down or overwhelmed and end up eating out. This easy non dairy White Chicken Chili Recipe is great for a weeknight meal that you enjoy because of how easy it is, and your family enjoys because of the yummy punch of flavors that it delivers.
I will often cook a whole chicken with a Texas Rub (paprika, chili powder, cumin, etc.). We will have a little bit of leftovers along with the carcass. The next day, I will simmer this with about 4 cups of water to create a flavored chicken broth that’s ready to go.
Another quick and easy tip for this recipe is to add chili verde sauce with lime. This adds a punch of marvelous flavor and then you don’t have to add the onions, garlic, or chilies; a lot faster when you need it.
Easy Non Dairy White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 lb chicken white or dark meat
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Anaheim peppers cored and chopped (or 1 can green chilies)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 6-1/2 cups organic chicken broth
- 3 cans 15oz each white northern or cannellini beans
- ½ lime
- fresh cilantro
- Combine chicken, onion, garlic, peppers, cumin, chili powder, salt, and coconut oil is a soup pot and simmer on medium heat until chicken is cooked (but still very moist) and onion is tender. If you choose to use canned chilies, then add them with the broth instead.
- Add broth, beans, and squeeze the juice from half a lime and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Chop cilantro and have available to add at the table.
Option #2: For a quick alternative, use a jar of Salsa Verde with lime instead of adding the green chilies, onion, garlic, and lime. You may be able to cut down on adding extra spices as well.