This is the 4 C Salad: Cucumber, Cilantro, Chickpeas, and Cumin!
We try to eat salads often in our house, because there are many benefit to eating raw vegetables. This Cucumber Cilantro Salad is definitely one of our favorites. I love this salad because it is so light tasting and refreshing, and the cilantro and cumin add such a wonderful combination. It’s like an explosion of flavor. There are a number of different versions on the internet, including one with couscous, which is great to add if you have the desire. I took a number of ideas that I liked, put them together, and came up with this combination. I Hope you enjoy! 🙂
- 2 large cucumbers, diced (peeled or unpeeled, your choice)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups chick peas (If using canned, rinse well)
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1-1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- I like to use a potato peeler to peel stripes into the cucumber. Then slice into small pieces.
- Rinse and chop cilantro. This will help bring out the cilantro flavor.
- Dice one small tomato and add to cucumber bowl.
- Add diced onion, chick peas, cumin, and lemon juice.
- Salt to taste.
- Keep chilled.
For alternative, add red pepper and/or 1 cup of cooked couscous or quinoa.
Traditional Salad Dressing Recipes
For a traditional garden salad, try adding Homemade Greek Salad, Homemade French Dressing, Homemade Ranch Dressing, or Homemade Italian Dressing. These are great to be made ahead of time. I keep the mix in mason jars and add the wet ingredients when we’re ready to use it. Just another way to keep things simple and healthy. The more I have prepared in this way, the more we make sure that we don’t make quick runs to fast food. 🙂
Linked to some of these amazing blogs.