Given that this anti aging eye cream recipe with essential oils has been a huge hit, I thought now was the perfect time to update it and give it a fresh look.
I love-love-love my Anti-Aging Essential Oil Blend, which is an oil combination of 10 essential oils. Adding this cream with similar nourishing benefits is a great plus. Creams stay on your skin in a different way than oils do. I apply my Face Serum after I have washed my face and applied a witch hazel toner. After it soaks in (5 minutes or so), I will go back and add this cream, especially around my eyes (being careful to not get too close of course).
What Oils are Used?
There is a specific reason why each of these oils are used. While there have been numerous studies to show that these oils are very powerful and effective, because the FDA has not done its own study, I and others using these oils are not making any claims. Instead, I encourage you to do your own research and learn about the benefits of the following oils (and what you should and should not use if you are pregnant or have young children). Here are what aromatherapists and herbalists have come to understand:
- Apricot Kernel oil – high in Vitamin A and is very rich in Oleic and Linoleic Acid; helps skin to retain clarity and elasticity
- Rose Hip oil – Has Vitamins A and E. It is “effective at promoting tissue regeneration and can help prevent and minimize wrinkles” (source)
- Carrot Seed essential oil – revitalizing and toning, “assists in removing toxins and water build up in the skin giving it a fresher more firm appearance. It has a detoxifying effect on the liver and cleans the digestive system and the body as a whole.” (source)
- Frankincense essential oil -anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, astringent. One of my favorite oils with great healing qualities!
- Myrrh essential oil – contains a number of flavonoids which assist in reducing inflammation and boosts the immune system.
- Sandalwood essential oil – balances oil in skin, healing to dry or irritated skin
- Lemon essential oil – helps to cleanse and revitalize skin
- Rosemary essential oil – natural oil antioxidant (naturally helps to preserve oils). Helps to ease lines or wrinkles, regulates oil production, increases circulation, and cleanses skin.
- Lavender essential oil – very healing to the skin, mild, antiviral and antibacterial.
- Geranium essential oil – healing to the skin, balances oils, mildly works to reduce acne, eczema, cellulite, stretchmarks, scarring and dry skin.
Plus Cedarwood, Birch, and Grapefruit essential oils.
This cream is made with a raw Shea Butter base that is whipped before whipping in the oils. It can keep up to 6 months, though the oils may begin to separate after that long of time (I use mine up much faster than that).
Some of these oils are extremely potent. Please be careful to test first before putting around your eyes. Try it on the top of your hand or your wrist. Where to find excellent essential oils?
DIY Anti Aging Eye Cream with 11 Essential Oils
Anti Aging Eye Cream with 11 Essential Oils
- ¼ cup Shea butter
- 3 Tbsp Apricot kernel oil
- 1 drop Rosehip oil
- 1 drop Carrot seed essential oil
- 1 drop Frankincense essential oil
- 1 drop Cedarwood essential oil
- 1 drop Myrrh essential oil
- 1 drop Sandalwood essential oil
- 1 drop Lemon essential oil
- 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop Geranium essential oil
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 drop Birch essential oil
- 3 drops Grapefruit essential oil
- Place the carefully measured shea butter in a stand mixer or large bowl and blend with the stand mixer or a hand mixer until shea butter is creamy.
- Slowly add apricot kernel oil. Stop mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl. Continue to blend until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add essential oils and blend well.
- Store in an 4oz container in a cool location. This typically lasts 3-6 months, depending on how clean you keep the mixture.
Get More Anti Aging Recipes:
You can see the testimonials and buy it before you make it by stopping by my Shop: Anti Aging Eye Cream