We really like bread, garlic bread, and yes, we really like cheese. So what better recipe than one that puts them all together and gives you a delicious treat to eat with any homemade pasta or pizza meal. This Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread Recipe came from trying to think of another way to use my sourdough bread. I made a number of loaves that were eaten, and this one was a day old – which is definitely not bad, but is not fresh out of the oven. It was perfect for making into this cheesy garlic pull apart bread recipe though.
If you do not have Sourdough bread, any of your artisan loaves will do. You can even get one on discount because it’s a day or so old. It will be perfect once you add the cheese and bake it again.
If you want to make your own sourdough bread, check out my How to Make a Sourdough Starter page and Sourdough Bread Recipes. There you can get into making your own sourdough and reap all the health benefits from doing so.
Once you have your bread, follow the steps below!
Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf Sourdough (click for recipe) or Italian Bread It can be any shape of your choosing
- 8 oz Muenster Cheese - or other cheese of your choice
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder - or to taste
- 1 tsp Salt - or to taste
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter optional
- Place bread loaf onto a cookie sheet. With a sharp bread knife, slice the bread in strips horizontally and then vertically, careful not to cut all the way through.1 loaf Sourdough (click for recipe) or Italian Bread
- Sprinkle garlic powder and salt onto the bread, careful to get it into the crevices.1 tsp Garlic Powder - or to taste, 1 tsp Salt - or to taste
- Slice the cheese and carefully put the slices in the crevices of the bread.8 oz Muenster Cheese - or other cheese of your choice
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top of the bread (optional)2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- Bake at 350 degrees Farhenheit for 15 minutes.