Gluten Free Energy Muffins
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Thank you for your support!
These are gluten free energy muffins due to the great amount of protein found in the Chia seeds and peanut butter.
This recipe also uses pure RAW Honey. If you’ve read my posts on honey in the past (Honey for Allergies , The Destruction of Sugar), you know how beneficial honey can be and how important it is to find a source that is true honey.
Some gluten free breads or muffins can be dense or too “earthy” for many tastes. Not so with this recipe. IN FACT, it passed the ultimate test by being scarfed down by one of my more picky children. They are light and fluffy, full of great protein from the chia seeds, and are very moist and delicious.
- ½ cup peanut butter (or sun butter)
- 1½ cups pureed pumpkiin
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup raw honey
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup blended oats
- ½ cup chocolate chips (minis or regular)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Combine peanut butter, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla extract and honey.
- Blend oats in blender until it is flour consistency.
- In a separate bowl combine oats, chia seeds, pumpkin spice, baking soda and chocolate chips.
- Stir in dry ingredients into your wet ingredients.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until fork inserted comes out clean.
Shared on some of these great blogs.