I am almost there. I’ve been trying to make all of my own beauty products and now I am studying homemade perfume.
I am learning more about essential oils and have been using them, not only for body products, but for medicinal purposes as well.
Beyond our immediate understanding of medical purposes, smells can also be soothing or exciting. I have gotten rid of my cheap and toxic ingredient filled sprays and am enjoying using some of the natural smells that I love.
The most expensive perfumes are from about 78% to 95% of specially denatured ethyl alcohol and a remainder of essential oils (or these days, chemical fragrance oils).
By making your own, you know exactly what you are putting on your body.
Types of Scents
Many people love the floral smells:
While others like more woody smells:
Don’t forget Citrus scents:
Use what you love! I love combinations so that floral scents are grounded by more woody scents and visa versa. Try a combination of scents like:
- lavender and vanilla
- lavender and patchouli
- ylang ylang and orange
- peppermint and lemongrass
- neroli and lemon
- cedarwood and lime
- tea tree and eucalyptus and mint
Homemade Perfume – Solid
This recipe is great for the small 1/2 oz jars. I’ve saved some from previous lotions. You can also pour this into empty chapstick containers for easy application on the wrist and neck.
- 1 Tablespoon [url href=”http://amzn.to/2kMhfUB” target=”_blank”]Beeswax[/url] (or carnauba or candelilla wax)
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon [url href=”http://amzn.to/2ksc7J6″ target=”_blank”]sweet almond oil[/url]
- 10 drops [url href=”http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1050606&b=140557&m=19017&afftrack=&urllink=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Estarwest%2Dbotanicals%2Ecom%2Fcategory%2Fpure%2Dessential%2Doils%2F” target=”_blank”]Essential oil[/url] (I stay away from fragrance oils. They defeat the purpose of making your own safe products)
- Melt the wax into the oil and when slightly cool, add your essential oils.
- Pour into containers and allow to solidify.
Homemade Perfume – Body Spray
Body Sprays provide a wonderful boost of freshness without being overpowering. This bath and body recipe also contains soothing aloe vera. The combination also helps with regular body odor (witch hazel being an astringent).
- 1 Tablespoon [url href=”http://Combine all ingredients in a fine mist sprayer and shake before each use. Store in a cool dark location for optimum shelf life. Makes enough for a 2 oz bottle.” target=”_blank”]Aloe Vera Liquid[/url]
- 1 Tablespoon [url href=”http://amzn.to/2kLZcOE” target=”_blank”]non-Alcohol Witch Hazel[/url]
- 5 Tablespoons water
- 10-20 drops [url href=”http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1050606&b=140557&m=19017&afftrack=&urllink=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Estarwest%2Dbotanicals%2Ecom%2Fcategory%2Fpure%2Dessential%2Doils%2F” target=”_blank”]essential oil[/url]
- Combine all ingredients in a [url href=”http://amzn.to/2kMoKv1″ target=”_blank”]fine mist sprayer[/url] and shake before each use.
- Store in a cool dark location for optimum shelf life.