Soup is such a great way to get some use homemade bone broth and get all of those rich vitamins and minerals into your family’s bodies. When you make your own beef bone broth, this Pasta e Fagioli Soup is even more amazing!
My husband loves Olive Garden’s Pasta e Fagioli soup and there’s a lot of copy-cat recipes out there, but this is our favorite version that I’ve tweaked to our tastes.
For your own preferences, you can change what type of beans you use. Try kidney, navy, pinto, or a combination of beans. Instead of carrots and green beans, you could add celery, kale, peas, or other veggies that you and your family loves.
Good beef bone broth is a must for good Pasta e Fagioli! It makes all the difference. For the how to, step by step, process with pictures see
When you start with an amazing tasting bone broth, there’s really not much to do, except add your favorite soup ingredients.
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 lb Ground Beef or Sausage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 gallon Homemade Beef Bone Broth
- 15 oz (1 can) Tomato Puree
- 3-4 cups cooked Kidney Beans
- 2 Large Carrots, julienned
- 1 cup Green Beans, cut bite size
- 1/2 lb Shell Pasta
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- Saute onion, garlic, and ground beef in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add Homemade Beef Bone Broth, Kidney Beans, Oregano, Tomato Puree, Carrots, and meat mixture into a large soup pot.
- Simmer on med-low for 30 min. to 1 hour.
- Add Green Beans and Pasta. Cook until pasta is tender.
Do you eat Past e Fagioli differently? What’s your favorite thing to eat with it?