Chocolate Truffle Lip Balm Recipe: Great Handmade Gifts
This post may contain Affiliate Links. Thank you for your support!
Following this Chocolate Truffle Lip Balm Recipe is easy, and is a great craft that any beginner to homemade products can make. Plus, lip balms make wonderful gifts. I’ll walk you through step by step how to make these for yourself (feel free to lick your lips), your family, or friends for the holidays.
This lip balm recipe smells like chocolate truffles simply by using natural and healthy ingredients.
The trick? Combining cocoa butter with vanilla oil! It’s that simple, but makes an amazing natural scent!
Before I lay out the recipe, I want to give you the ingredient list. As always, I try to simplify healthy recipes, so this has only 5 ingredients. You don’t any more.
Cocoa Butter – Cocoa butter gives this a cocoa scent and helps to harden the lip balm to a nice and creamy consistency.
Shea Butter – Shea butter adds the creaminess that you need in a lip balm recipe. It helps to coat and protect your lips from the sun and winter dryness.
Bees Wax – beeswax helps the consistency of the lip balm, a well as creating a coating to help protect your lips.
Chocolate Truffle Lip Balm Recipe
You can also get something like this crafting tray to make pouring easier.
The easiest way to make this chocolate truffle lip balm recipe is to boil water in a sauce pan and place a bowl or glass measuring jar in the hot water to melt the ingredients.
Add the beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter, and sweet almond oil to the double boiler and stir on and off until everything is melted.
Remove from heat and add vanilla oil.
Pour into pots or tubes to cool.
***TIP*** When filling lip balm tubes, fill until they almost overflow. The lip balm will shrink as it cools and can leave a hole down the middle. But it’s just cosmetic, so don’t stress if that happens. It’s hard to get them full enough without them overflowing.
- Create a double boiler by placing a bowl or glass measuring jar in boiling water.
- Add the beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter, and sweet almond oil to the double boiler and stir on and off until everything is melted.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla oil.
- Pour into pots or tubes to cool.
More Recipes for Great Gifts
Want tinted lip balm? Here’s a Recipe for Red Lip Balm
Here’s another recipe for Herbal Lip Balm, where you can infuse herbs into your lip balm.
There are a lot of Christmas ideas here as well:
- 12 DIY Old Fashioned Christmas Ornaments
- 21 Handmade Christmas Gifts to Start Making Now
- 11 Homemade Christmas Gift Set Ideas
- 6 Amazing Bath Bomb Recipes
- Top 33 Homemade Gift Ideas with Essential Oils
- Handcrafted Gifts; Unique, Great Ideas
- 27 Last Minute DIY Gift Ideas